Registered
(@jeffchoppah)

This is the test

administrator
Admin
Topic starter
(@administrator)

Hi Jeff,

I'm beginning to translate the Furia drawing into Fusion 360. Initially, I'm focused on the Center Plate as shown on Page 24. However, I'm missing some key dimensions, namely the diameter of the center hole and the width of the plate. I'm working with the assumption that this is 5mm. Additionally, I'm unable to locate the assembly instructions for the central gearbox. Could you provide some guidance on these elements? I appreciate your help!

3 Replies
Registered
(@jeffchoppah)

@administrator hello, thank you for the forum, the center plate hole is 60mm. First before anything else, take time to go through the entire document part by part analysing how everything is assembling up, because the document has a lot of missing data in general and wrong data. A good example is hub bearings, wrong bearing codes, then some dimensions are missing on one part, but u can get them from another part in a different page of the document just by relating the parts.

Before I started I took time to read and understand the document and ordered all my hardwares way before I started, which is huge, since you need to know how things assemble, how thick the parts are when assembled for you to be able to know the bolt length (dash number).

That said and done there is an easier way, find on internet another different document of same project, Google "furia metrics", this document is more hectic to work with but once you get time to sturdy the initial document you can get some missing data from the furia metrics document.

Eg the 60mm dimension I got it from this other document, it's a critical dimension because that what gives the hub ability to be semi articulated.(blade flapping)

The central gearbox assembly is not shown anywhere in the documents, because everything about it is identical to the tail rotor gearbox in terms of assembly and operation, even though somethings like bearing covers are different sizes but same bearings, and mode of lubrication.

administrator
Admin
(@administrator)

@jeffchoppah Jeff, thank you for your insightful recommendation. I'm currently engrossed in studying these drawings, which indeed raise numerous questions. Your suggestion to consult the "Furia Metrics" documents was very helpful, and I'll be sure to look them up. In case I encounter any difficulties finding these documents, could you possibly upload them to this forum? Once again, I appreciate your prompt response and valuable assistance.

administrator
Admin
(@administrator)

@jeffchoppah I found the document "Furia Metrics", thanks a lot!

Furia Metrics (PDF)

administrator
Admin
Topic starter
(@administrator)

I set the plate hole to 64mm, but I not sure is it is correct (see attached Center-Plate-Fusion.png file).

administrator
Admin
Topic starter
(@administrator)

Aircraft Furia Ultralight Blueprint:

Aircraft Furia Ultralight Helicopter Plans [PDF]

Share:
Quick Navigation
X